Best Times to Post on Social Media

Social media has become one of the best ways to promote your brand and spread awareness of the content you’re creating. But are you promoting it during the most opportune times? Keep reading to find out when the best times to post on social media are for B2B companies. In case you’re in a hurry, here’s a quick snapshot of the findings:

When are the Best Times to Post on Social Media?

Twitter and Facebook see high engagement rates at 11 AM EST. LinkedIn’s most advantageous posting time is between 7 AM and 1 PM EST. Instagram sees the highest engagement around 12 PM EST.

Disclaimer: All times are set for the Eastern Standard Time Zone. Opinions and experiences will differ. Keep in mind, what may work for one company may not work exactly the same way for another. However, there is plenty of data out there on the best time to post on social media. Now that we have our grain of salt, let’s dive right in using the data of 25 studies to determine the ideal posting times for B2B companies. The industries studied in the 25 studies are:

  • B2C
  • B2B
  • Software
  • Healthcare
  • Media
  • Higher Education

We will be focusing on the B2B and Software data.

Best Times to Post on Facebook

Considering 1.59 billion people log onto Facebook every day, knowing when to post can have a HUGE impact. Based on the data, the absolute best times to post on Facebook is between 9 AM and 2 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The closer it gets to the weekend, the more people check out and check in to Facebook.

1.59 billion people log onto Facebook every day!

Click to Tweet!
b2b best times to post on facebook

Best Times to Post on Instagram

B2B companies have the highest click-through rates Monday through Friday between the afternoon hours of 12 and 1 PM. Additionally, a lot of B2B companies find success as late as 8 to 9 PM on Fridays. Instagram users often log on during their downtime, such as a lunch break and in the evening when winding down from the day. According to a study by Pew Research Center, 60% of Instagram users indicated that they scroll the platform on a daily basis.

The highest click-through rates for B2B companies on Instagram are on Mondays through Fridays between 12 and 1 PM EST.

Click to Tweet!
B2B Best times to post on Instagram

Best Times to Post on LinkedIn

LinkedIn is largely used for professional purposes. Since you’re here reading about the best times to post on social media for B2B companies, LinkedIn better be a part of your marketing strategy. Wondering why LinkedIn is an important channel for B2B marketers? According to The Decision Maker Report, there are over 20 million decision makers using LinkedIn! The best times to post on this platform? Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7:45 AM to 12:45 PM, and as late as 5:45 PM.

Over 20 MILLION decision makers are on LinkedIn!

Click to Tweet!
B2B Best times to post on LinkedIn

Best Times to Post on Twitter

Because it is updated so frequently, Twitter users log onto the platform multiple times every day, on both mobile and desktop devices. B2B companies are finding the highest click-through rates when they tweet on weekdays, specifically Mondays and Thursdays, between 11 AM and 1 PM.

Twitter is an especially great channel to use if you have an international foot print or are looking to grow into the international market. Only 20% of Twitter users in the USA, meaning the remaining 80% are located abroad – according to PR Newswire.

Only 20% of Twitter users are in the USA, meaning the remaining 80% are located abroad.

Click to Tweet!
B2B Best times to post on Twitter

This post was originally published on May 28, 2019 and has been updated to reflect new data and research provided by Hootsuite.


About GreenStar Solutions

Founded in 2011, our motto is “Service you can depend on… Advice you can trust”. Our mission is simple: to bring advanced telecom marketing solutions to the small to medium-sized businesses while providing superior levels of customer support and attention to our clients.

Interested in our Strategic Marketing services? Find more information here and feel free to reach out!

Stephanie Benzik

Stephanie Benzik

Stephanie is the Senior Marketing Solutions Specialist at GreenStar Solutions. She started out studying Interior Architecture and Design, but found her true passion in Marketing. Stephanie has been working in the Telecommunications industry since 2013. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, spending time with her family, and binge-watching Netflix.

Marketing tips and advice for Telecommunications and B2B companies.

Sign up for our Newsletter

Recent Posts

Follow Us

Check out some of our other posts while you’re here: