This is not another blog about ChatGPT. You can breathe a sigh of relief.
It is, however, still a blog about AI writing. One we expect might be helpful if you’re looking into utilizing an AI writing tool. Today, we will be comparing AI writing platforms – specifically four of the more popular alternatives to ChatGPT: Jasper, Copy.AI, Writesonic, and Rytr—the “eligible bachelors,” as it were. So, get ready to swipe through your options and find your perfect match.
Comparing AI Writing Platforms: What They Have in Common
Before we get into the details of these platforms, let’s talk about what they all have in common. After all, they do share several important characteristics.
- All four platforms use artificial intelligence (specifically OpenAI’s GPT-3 model) to generate text and content automatically based on the user’s input. However, WriteSonic claims it has implemented some unique machine-learning models on top of GPT-3 that sets it apart.
- They each offer a range of content types, including product descriptions, blog posts, social media captions, emails, and ad copies.
- Each platform offers some kind of free trial or a limited free plan, allowing users to test the platform before committing to a paid subscription.
- All platforms support over 20 languages, and some support even more – unlike ChatGPT, which often struggles with languages other than English.
1. Jasper (formerly Jarvis) – The Big Man on Campus
If you’re looking for an AI writing platform that’s user-friendly and loaded with features, then Jasper is your guy! Jasper stands out from the rest, getting rave reviews from businesses who love its capabilities. But, when comparing AI writing platforms, Jasper’s one of the most expensive platforms available. So this platform’s a good fit for companies that have a healthy portion of their budget dedicated to content generation.
Jasper Green Flags:
- Comes with dozens of “recipes.” Jasper’s recipes (i.e., content generation workflows) are easy to use and cover dozens of common content types you can utilize – YouTube scripts, Facebook ads, etc.
- Works well with others. This platform allows your team members to see content generation and updates in real-time, collaborating with one another to produce top-tier content.
- Houses a custom-curated library. You can create your own templates and workflows based on your specific needs and save them for later. Or you can take advantage of one of Jasper’s 60+ templates.
- Lots of necessary bells & whistles included. The platform contains a third-party plagiarism checker, content improvement software, certification programs for users, and a Chrome extension…just to name a few.
- Fluent in multiple languages. Jasper can write in 29+ languages (24 input and 26 output), meaning language is no longer a barrier to generating content.
Jasper Yellow Flags:
- Relatively expensive compared to other tools with a pay-per-word model
- Many of their third-party integrations are pay-to-play.
- Excellent features are hidden behind paywalls.
- Its knowledge is limited to mid-2021
- Sometimes produces repetitive content.
2. Copy.AI – The Jack-of-All-Trades
When comparing AI writing platforms, we’ve got to talk about Copy.AI. It’s a budget-friendly option for small-to-medium businesses that boasts a user-friendly platform and over 100 AI tools to help users create different types of short-to-medium form content – from cover letters to personalized sales emails.
Copy AI Green Flags:
- Current statistics delivered instantly. Unlike many of their competitors, Copy AI delivers the most up-to-date responses by pulling real-time data from the internet and other current sources.
- Templates and tools galore. Copy AI has over 90 tools and templates to choose from for short-form content like emails, social media posts, and product descriptions. You can pick the one that best suits your needs!
- Full of prebuilt prompts. Now you don’t have to wonder what to ask Copy AI. You can pick from a list of long-form and short-form prompts they’ve prepared for you.
- Forever-free option, no credit card required. Though the forever-free option does cap you at 2,000 words a month, it doesn’t require any kind of commitment or payment. If you want to upgrade to unlimited words, it’ll just cost $36/month. Which is 83-92% cheaper per month than Jasper.
Copy AI Yellow Flags:
- Requires a little bit of editing before the content’s perfect.
- Content is generated at a slower, more thoughtful pace.
- Still perfecting their long-form content generation (it can be a bit slow).
- Users can’t build custom templates yet.
3. Writesonic – The Guy Next Door
Writesonic is a good middle-of-the-road solution for businesses that need short, punchy copy for their website, Google/Facebook/LinkedIn ads, or website metatags. At a very low monthly cost, it can give start-ups and smaller companies the templates they need to succeed with limited staff.
Writesonic Green Flags:
- No outsourcing; everything’s in-house. While it does integrate with third-party apps, Writesonic’s got a built-in grammar corrector, plagiarism checker, and paraphrasing tools.
- Packed with video tutorials. They’ve got quite an arsenal of educational materials for their users, which makes Writesonic great for beginners.
- Built for web-based writing. In just 30 seconds, Writesonic is capable of producing complete landing pages – including code. Not only that, but it can help you summarize longer content quickly and satisfactorily.
- Longer posts in less time. With Instant Article Writer, you can generate blog posts that are up to 1500 words long in just 20 seconds.
- Offers affordable (and customizable) pricing. WriteSonic offers four different content quality plans at $12.67 per month with a word limit, or you can customize your own by talking to a rep.
Writesonic Yellow Flags:
- Its short form templates aren’t as robust as other platforms.
- Sometimes their long-form content doesn’t pass AI detectors.
- Their writing generator doesn’t come with built-in improvement suggestions.
4. Rytr – The Penny Saver
And finally, when comparing AI writing platforms, you can’t forget Rytr (pronounced like “writer” for those who are curious). Rytr has all the AI writing capabilities a business needs at a price that’s hard – if not impossible – to beat. And while its templates may be limited, it’s an excellent platform for businesses that are just getting started in the AI writing scene.
Rytr Green Flags:
- Scientifically-minded. The platform uses scientific copywriting formulas (like AIDA & PAS), which means the pieces generally require minimal to no editing.
- Inviting to new users. Its dashboard is straightforward and easy to use, making it perfect for newcomers to the AI writing world.
- Just enough templates and tools to get you started. With 30+ templates, 40+ use cases, and 20+ tones you can utilize and request, Rytr can get you started on the right foot. Plus, it’s got built-in plagiarism and grammar checkers, a library of over 2,000 ideas, and a form generator to help you personalize content.
- Live chat support. You’d be surprised, but many AI writing platforms don’t have this feature. It can be very helpful if you run into any unexpected surprises.
- Incredibly affordable plans. A 100K word limit for only $9? And unlimited access to the tool for $29/month? That’s an absolute steal for those who are planning to generate loads of content with their AI.
Rytr Yellow Flags:
- While it can write in 30+ languages, Rytr can’t translate between them. The language you write in is the language it’ll export in.
- The content it produces is rather average overall.
- Their templates are not as advanced as some of its competitors.
- It can produce repetitive content after a while.
Comparing AI Writing Platforms: It’s Actually All About You
Now that we’ve finished comparing AI writing platforms, it’s time to figure out which one you like. And don’t think there’s a wrong answer – because there isn’t! Each is built on the same GPT-3 (and sometimes GPT-4) AI software, guaranteeing you’re going to have the same content libraries to pull from.
Now all you must do is decide what platform best fits your input needs, your current training, and your editorial capabilities.
Say Goodbye to Any AI Red Flags with GreenStar Marketing
While AI has made significant strides in recent years, it cannot replace the creativity and ingenuity of the human element. At GreenStar Marketing, our all-human team perfectly balances technology and human expertise, delivering exceptional content that captures your brand’s voice, resonates with your audience, and drives real results. So, stop your swiping – let’s schedule a “first date” to chat about your marketing goals!