Running social media accounts for a business is far from an easy task. And while many businesses have entire departments dedicated just to posting to gain social media presence, this isn’t entirely possible for many small businesses out there with smaller budgets but worry not!
While a social media strategy plan can be very time consuming, there are also ways to simplify the process of posting to your pages and one of those is to utilize social media image templates. Creating your own social media templates can help you save time and give your pages a more cohesive look.
So today, we are here to explain the different types of social media posts out there, so you can get started on creating templates for them.
Social media image templates are pre-designed model images that you can use over and over again by switching up the information or images within the template. There are thousands of social media image templates out there, and most of them are completely free, so we are here today to give you some examples of social media template layouts that you can whip out fast and easy!
Templates for Instagram:
For Instagram you have to keep in mind a few things. There are different formats that you can go for, the most popular ones are regular posts, carousels, reels and stories. They all serve different purposes so let’s quickly break it down:
- Regular posts: Formatted in a square 4×4, regular posts can be posted with a caption, and they show up in the feeds of people that follow you and if you use hashtags, they could also show up in feeds of people that don’t follow you but follow pages similar to yours. You can also go for a sponsored post, in which case it will show up as a post suggestion for people that might be interested in your page.
- Carousels: carousel posts allow you to post up to 10 images in a single post on your feed. They are perfect for when you need to share several images or graphics to talk about a singular topic.
- Stories: Stories only appear to your following for limited periods of time; however, they are great for interactions with your customers and are the perfect way to drive up engagement in your page. They also serve as a tool to get more interaction with your feed posts, since you can reshare them to your stories.
- Reels: Last but not least, on today’s list we have reels. Reels have been deemed as of lately the most efficient type of post to have the Instagram algorithm working in your favor. Reels are short-form videos, and they work great to reach new people and find a new audience to drive back to your page. They are similar to TikToks! Although they are more business friendly.
Templates For LinkedIn:
LinkedIn is completely different from Instagram. LinkedIn is more business focused, and this platform is meant to bring professionals together to form meaningful connections to nurture their careers. For LinkedIn, you want to share helpful information related to your career or your business. LinkedIn also has different types of posts with the most popular one being:
- Text-Only Posts: These work great for storytelling or when you want to focus on a specific topic. There’s is a character limit though, so the key here is keeping it short and simple
- Single Image post: For this one you want to focus on sharing an image or a graphic that tells what you want to communicate and accompany it with the text. You can also share infographics, event promotions, or even pictures of you or your business!
- Native Videos: Native videos are uploaded directly to LinkedIn instead of being embedded from other places like YouTube which gives these videos the advantage of being auto played as people scroll. This a great way to grab customer’s attention and have them know about your business
- LinkedIn Articles: Did you know you can write articles native to LinkedIn? If you don’t have a website dedicated to blogs, giving writing a shot on your LinkedIn page might be a great option to promote your business. Customers love blogs that give them helpful information, so think about How To’s or Step by Step type of blogs that are related to your business.
Templates For Facebook:
Facebook isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, especially for promoting businesses. More and more features have been added this past year to make promoting and reaching potential customers easier for users of the platform. For Facebook, you want to keep it creative similarly to Instagram. You can use features like Facebook business suite to run ads that can reach massive audiences to promote quick growth. This are the most popular types of Facebook posts:
- Photo/Video: Images and videos are a great way to quickly capture a person’s attention, for that reason these types of posts are great to feature products or services. You can even share processes within your business and tell stories that go with your images and or videos.
- Photo Carousel: Showcase two or more photos, videos, and links in a single post by using Photo Carousel. Your customer can view the entire post by clicking through the preview to access it. This feature is great for sharing infographics with multiple parts!
- Slideshow: This feature lets you share photos on a video format! If you are afraid people will get bored and not want to scroll through something this one might be a better option. It’s fun and a sure attention grabber!
Enjoyed our examples but need a little more? Yeah, you’ve got the basics down but promoting on social media can be a complicated process. If you ever find yourself ready to take your Marketing to the next level, we are here to help you do just that! The GreenStar team is filled with social media experts that can do all the work for you! Give us a call or contact us today for more information and we’ll gladly help you.