With Covid-19, big businesses, and local competition, it can seem like running a successful business could be an insurmountable challenge. After all, how are you supposed to make yourself known with all the noise around you? You can utilize your online content to improve your presence and reputation. With the help of local SEO, you become the big fish in your local pond. If you are not yet leveraging your online presence with local SEO, now is the time.
What is Local SEO?
The first thing to consider when looking to improve local SEO is regular SEO. SEO stands for search engine optimization. Businesses use SEO to post content and grow their following organically through Google search.
Local SEO focuses on improving your online visibility to consumers who are in the community or region that you serve. This means that when local consumers are searching for your services, your business will be in the top listings provided by Google.
Google and SEO
Google has many algorithms in place for its listings. In order to take full advantage of Google, you need to understand these algorithms and the know-how to manipulate them in your favor. When consumers search on Google, their algorithm (and its bots) looks at various factors to determine which websites have something related and then ranks them by prominence.
The top results are always shown as being relevant in some way or another. The information you provide in your content helps your SEO, but what can you do to improve your local SEO?
Tips for Improving Local SEO
Google is always looking for the best way to provide search results that are local and relevant. That’s why they take your location into account with the help of a proximity factor, even when you don’t include a city name or “near me” in the query. Below, you will find a few tips for improving your local SEO.
1) One of the best ways to get ahead in local SEO is by building your own personal landing pages for each location you want potential customers to view. Include the business’s name, address, and phone number as well as optimize their title tags or descriptions so they show up when someone does a search on Google – even if it’s just one specific keyword.
2) Ensure you have high local-centric social media engagement. With all the social media platforms available, you need to make sure you are using the correct platform for your customer base, whether it’s Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok. If you have high engagement with local people, your local SEO should improve.
3) Google algorithms consider your location data/citation management. Be sure that your basic information is available on your business listing. This information should include your address, phone number, and hours of operation. Basic information like this helps Google understand your business more thoroughly.
4) Use Google My Business to claim your business listing. This validates your business and allows you to adjust posted information as needed.
5) Utilize SEO improving techniques. Making sure that your normal SEO rules are being followed also improves your local SEO. Therefore, you need to make sure that your content has appropriate tags, that your informational graphics are correctly labeled, and that all links connect properly to their specific destinations.
Help for Your Local SEO
Are you still unsure about how you can leverage your content for top-notch local SEO? The experts at GreenStar Marketing are here for you. We would love to help you grow your organic reach through local SEO. Set up a meeting with us so we can discuss the support we can give you to boost your business through local SEO.