This goes out to all my fellow marketers out there.
Are you tired of pouring your heart into your brand communications but not getting the levels of engagement you’d hoped for? Do you feel like you’re doing more with less, especially with the current economic climate? Then it’s time to shake things up and prioritize executive communications instead. Why? Because people trust people over brands.
According to a survey conducted by Edelman Trust Barometer, CEOs are now the most trusted source of information about a company, surpassing company communications and traditional media. That’s right – a CEO’s words can sometimes carry more weight than an entire branded campaign.
Now, this shift didn’t happen overnight. So, in this blog we’ll explore why executive communications is so important and why you should consider investing in it for your business. So, buckle up, and let’s dive in!
Executive Communications: The Shift from Believing Brands to Believing Thought Leaders
In the past, building a strong brand was primarily focused on creating a recognizable logo and catchy slogans to appeal to customers. However, with the rise of social media and the increasing importance of personalization and authenticity, consumers began wanting to connect with the people behind the brand and understand their values and vision.
A perfect example of this in the B2B sphere is LinkedIn. People-authored content on LinkedIn performs 561% better than brand-authored content because, on average, people employed by the brand have 10 times more social connections than a brand. So, when they share content, their followers are more likely to engage with it. Even branded content – when shared by an executive or employee – gets shared 24 more times than content produced by the brand itself!
On the B2C side of the house, TikTok tells a similar story: of the top 100 most-followed accounts in the US, 97 are people, and only 3 are brands. Why? Because it’s easier for people to trust communication coming from a person they can relate to instead of a highly polished, ultra-corporate brand.
In fact, executives active on social media are seen as more trustworthy – and better communicators – than those that don’t. Incredible, right?
Benefits of Investing in Executive Communications
And the benefits don’t stop there! There are a lot of other perks to investing in your executives’ communication and personal social media channels.
- Increased trust and credibility with stakeholders. When your company leaders communicate effectively and honestly, it helps customers, investors, and employees trust that what they say IS true. This trust can lead to stronger business relationships and increased customer loyalty over time.
- Enhanced brand reputation. You can boost your brand reputation by sharing your company’s vision, values, and expertise through executive communication, which leads right into our next benefit.
- Establishment as a thought leader in your industry. Having an executive team that shares unique insights and expertise on social media helps position your company as an expert in the field. This helps attract new customers, employees, and partners to your business.
- More authentic and effective ways to connect with your audience. As we’ve seen, people respond more positively to communication that comes from a relatable person rather than a faceless brand. Executive communication provides a more authentic and effective way to connect with your potential partners and customers.
- An increase in positive publicity for your company. When your company leaders communicate effectively, it can lead to favorable media attention, which helps raise your company’s profile and keeps your company growing.
- Less cost compared to more brand-focused strategies. Brand-driven marketing can get expensive quickly. Companies can save money and communicate more effectively by focusing on just one executive and their ideas. When that executive is given the tools, support, and training they need to share their message, you can get a lot more “bang for their buck.”
The Perfect Pair: How Brand Communication Boosts Your Executives’ Communications
After reading all these perks of healthy executive communication, it can be tempting to start neglecting your brand communication. Don’t do it!
Think of your brand as a symphony orchestra, with each musician playing their part to create a harmonious sound.
While executive communication can help put a face and voice to the company’s message, brand communication can help amplify that message across various channels and audiences.
However, consistency between executive and brand communication is crucial. Because when they’re aligned, your company’s message becomes clearer and more powerful.
It’s like when a catchy tune gets stuck in your head – the more consistent the melody, the easier it is to remember and recognize. So, when it comes to communication, don’t be afraid to use both brand and executive communication to create a symphony of messaging that resonates with your audience!
Harness the Power of Executive Communications with GreenStar Marketing
Want to conduct a symphony of effective communication that will leave your audience humming about your brand for days? The virtuosos at GreenStar are here for you! We’ve got all the tools and expertise you need to craft powerful, effective messaging that gets the results you need at a price you’ll love. Plus, our social media coaching will have your executives posting like pros in no time. So, what’re you waiting for? Give us a call today!