Do you want to learn our personal LinkedIn strategies for businesses? We’ve got good news and bad news.
Bad news is you’ve gotten all the way to the third and final part of our advanced LinkedIn Strategies series. The good news is, that if you’ve made it all the way here, you are now a certifiable LinkedIn guru! Or…you at least know all the tips and tricks you can use to get the most out of the platform. But we are still missing the best advice we can give you, and that’s how you can make your company page stand out.
LinkedIn Strategies for Businesses: Have a LinkedIn Company Page
We’ll start here because we can’t just assume you already have one. A personal LinkedIn page is a great way to form professional connections, but your company’s page should be a page all on its own. Think of it as giving your company its own personality. This page will be the one you use to promote your business, and, unlike your personal page, you will be using your company’s brand voice to communicate with your customers over here. Here are a couple of basic steps to make your page look great:
- Use a logo, or a version of your logo as a profile picture. This will make your brand recognizable to people on LinkedIn.
- Have a header! A lot of people forgo this step, but a nice professional header makes a company page easier to trust for customers because it makes the page look put together.
- Write a clear and concise About Us section. This is where you tell people what your company is all about. Remember to mention what the company does or specializes in, to whom you cater, and what your company’s mission is. This is where you sell your company to the customer by telling them what you can do for them.
LinkedIn Strategies for Businesses: What Should You be Posting?
LinkedIn is very different from other social media platforms, because it is geared towards business professionals. However, that doesn’t mean that you should speak in a sales-y voice or always be in a “serious business” mode. That’s a mistake that people often make. Yes, you are supposed to make your brand tone sound professional on LinkedIn. But remember that you are still talking to an audience of humans, and humans want to engage with content that speaks to them.
With all the information that you gather from insights about your demographic, create content that they will enjoy and want to engage with. A good rule of thumb for social media in general is to share content that your audience will find helpful – like how to’s or step by step processes. However, because LinkedIn users come to the platform for content that will benefit their careers, you can (and should) share things like company news, industry trends & insights, awards, events, job openings, success stories, and even the occasional funny story that happened at the office.
Here are a few more tips & insights:
- LinkedIn is a great platform for B2B marketing.
- As of 2022 the average age of LinkedIn users are between 25-34 years old.
- Remember to tailor your content specifically for LinkedIn! Things that may work on Instagram or Facebook might not see as much success on LinkedIn.
- Update consistently so your audience stays engaged with your page.
- Consider sharing items from your personal page to your company page and vice versa! This can help bring new people to your content.
- You can always encourage your team to engage with the company’s page for additional interactions. Employees sharing or engaging with posts can also help drive traffic to your company page.
- Analytics are your best friend. Check your analytics as often as possible to know what type of content you should continue with and what content should be abandoned.
LinkedIn Strategies for Businesses: We Can Help You at GreenStar Marketing
Alright folks that’s it! We’ve made it to the end of this series. We hope this information helped you get your LinkedIn pages to the next level. While we shared this information with you to “do it yourself,” you also have the option of letting us do all the work for you! Especially if it feels like too much to handle now. Over here at GreenStar Marketing we have a team of marketing professionals that can take care of your LinkedIn pages for you – at the personal and professional level. So, if you would like more information, give us a call today and we’ll gladly help. See you next time!